TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - i thought the same thing.
People Seeking Info

Subject i thought the same thing.

Posted by maglito on April 29, 2013 at 2:28 PM
  This message has been viewed 913 times.

In Reply To Re: STL Z32 700RWHP club: dyno analysis GTX vs GTRS, 400+ vs 500 posted by BLACKBEAST on April 29, 2013 at 03:05 AM

Message I downloaded the injector dynamics sizing calculator and studied it for quite sometime and came to the same conclusion. I figured id1000 should be good for about 630RWHP at base fuel pressure (PSID), about 670RWHP at 55psid (the max safe level I calculated for dual dw300 pumps at 13.5v) and almost 700RWHP at 70psid (the absolute max the pumps could support with 18v via a 40amp boost-a-pump)..

However, that doesn't seem to be the case and I have 3 theories as to why.
1) we are using ~e63 not true "e85" and so the power density of the fuel is greater.
2) the vg30dett is much more efficient than the suggested values on the calculator.
3) the calculator is designed to be conservative in nature to prevent people from blowing up their engines.

It could be a combination of all three.

m a g l i t o
E85 conversion COMPLETE --700RWHP, 683TQ on corn not fed to starving children
my Z is not for sale
The build up begins - progress - reassembly part one - part two - aliaZspec stage2 heads - 2013 SpecialtyZ dynotune results
Links with working pictures of my Z -> Gateway International Raceway HPDE 2007 - Putnam Park HPDE 2007 (data acquisition analysis) - Chicago Z meet 2007

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.